From the beginning of August we are open for communal worship at 9.30am at St Saviour’s Church and 11am at Christ Church every Sunday morning.
As there is no longer any restriction on the numbers attending there will not be a booking system in place.
The seating is arranged to give everyone as much space as possible and we ask that you are considerate in where you choose to sit in relation to everyone’s safety. If you wish to ensure space is maintained between you and others, please pick up the seat space sign that will be available at the door.
Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19, or has been asked to self-isolate having had contact with someone who has tested positive, or is feeling unwell, should not attend church.
For safe opening we request that the following guidelines are followed:
- All attending use hand sanitiser (available at the door) prior to entering the church
- All attending continue to wear face coverings
- We are allowed to sing, preferably from behind face coverings
- We will continue to take individuals’ details (name, contact telephone number, etc.) each time they attend and retain the information for 21 days after the service. In the case of infection these would have to be passed on to track and trace.
- There is no Sunday School. We hope to reopen in September when children return to school. All children will therefore need to sit with their parents and stay with their parents the whole time they are inside the church (no running around) and parents must accompany them to the bathroom should they need to go and ensure that hygiene standards are maintained.
Please note that although people who are classed as ‘vulnerable’ for health or age reasons should consider the risks which may be attached to attending a service there is no prohibition on their doing so – it is entirely a personal decision.