The Parish Church was established by lay folk in 1870, to secure a permanent Evangelical ministry and to meet the spiritual needs of a rapidly growing population.
Christ Church parish was uniquely established within the diocese of Manchester as a response to a need for a specifically evangelical church.
This outlook remains......
We are a lively, Gospel-hearted, Bible-believing, conservative evangelical church.
The Church Interior was refurbished in 1995 to allow a more flexible arrangement within the Church. Gone are the stone floors and wooden pews that people expect to find in an old Church building, to be replaced with carpets and comfortable cushioned chairs. These improvements, help to provide a warm and friendly place to worship in.